Friday, September 7, 2007

Friday was great because...

1. I got to surprise Emma at school for lunch. (Which, by the way, should probably be called breakfast because her class eats from 10:03-10:28.) She was pleasantly surprised to see me and I had fun meeting all of her new friends.

2. I got a massage at this place. I highly recommend it. I've only had a couple of massages in my life, but I could get used to this! Some good friends gave me a gift certificate on my birthday last year and I just got around to using it (10 months later!)

3. I got a hair cut, which, in and of itself is not all that exciting, but I absolutely love when I get my hair shampooed and blow-dried by someone else. Anyone who knows me well knows how much I hate blow-drying my hair.

4. When I got home from being "pampered" all of the laundry was done and the house was clean! I have the best husband! (He hasn't been feeling very well and he STILL took the time to do a little housework because he knows how much that means to me!)

5. We had grilled pizza for dinner. That's right...we grilled the pizza dough and each put our own toppings on. Mine had mozarella cheese, red onions, yellow peppers, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes. Yumm-o!

6. My niece should be born any minute now in California. My twin brother is going to be a dad for the first time. I wish I could be there with them. My sister-in-law was induced at 7am and we are anxiously awaiting a phone call. We've been in touch all day and everything is progressing well, just slowly!

UPDATE: (10:14pm) Kylie Reese (my niece) was born at 5:26 (CA time) this evening. She weighed in at 7lbs, 13oz., 19 1/2 inches long. Mommy and baby are doing great. I can't wait to meet you, Kylie!

I hope your Friday was great! Have a fun weekend.

5 comments:

My Own Bandwagon said...

I can't wait to see pictures. Does her name have anything to do with Tim's middle name?
How did Tim fare!!!!!

Angie Bledsoe said...

Girl, that sounds like the best day "evah"! I'm so glad you get to spend some time for yourself...you deserve it!! I can't wait to meet your new neice. Have a wonderful Saturday. I'm going to work on controlling my bitterness that your hair's gonna look EVEN MORE FABULOUS! I need to go pray about it or something. LuvYa. Angie

The Adorables! said...

Congratulations to Tim! Can't wait to see pictures! Your family produces the cutest kiddos!! Are we *all* grown up now, or what? ;-) ~*~Vanessa~*~

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! Congratulations on the birth of you beautiful new niece!

Monica Hunt said...

That sounds like a great day! =) Being pampered like that never gets old!