Monday, September 24, 2007

Birthday Girls

The last two days have been birthdays of two very special people in my life. The first is my sister, Larissa. She celebrated her birthday yesterday. Larissa is not only my sister, but a great friend. I can remember when we were younger always wanting to be around her, dress like her, and act like her. (Looking back, I know I was NEVER as cool as her!) She is five years older and didn't think it was so cool to have a little sister who was always around. That is, until she moved out of the house and went away to college.

That is when our friendship truly developed. I loved when she would come home from college and WANT to hang out with me! We'd go shopping and stay up talking. Imagine how thrilled I was when my BIG sister asked me to move in with her my freshman year of college! We only lived together for one year (she got married!) but it was a great year for us. Over the years, we have remained very close friends. We are privileged to live in the same town and see each other often. Even though our lives our very busy with kids and crazy schedules, we make time to hang out with each other and talk often.

The second birthday girl is one of my closest and oldest (not in years, but in length of time I've known her!) friends, Leigh Ann. Leigh Ann and I have been friends for almost 20 years! We grew up in the youth group together, were roommates in college, got married the same year, and have children around the same ages. We have been with each other through the good and the not-so-good. Leigh Ann is someone I can always count on to make me laugh. She's one of those people who actually says what everyone in the room is thinking, and doesn't apologize for it! That is one of the things I love about her...she's always herself. What you see is what you get!

I love you both, Larissa and Leigh Ann! Happy, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

My Own Bandwagon said...

Thanks for the great night, I am still dreaming of all the great food!