Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Complaining or Worshiping?

Just got done reading my chapters for home team tonight. We're going through Mark Batterson's book, In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day. (I know, strange title...read this for more insight on what the book is based on.)

I just completed the 4th chapter of the book, but so far, I have been challenged by most of what I have read. The part of my reading today that struck me the most was this:

"I think there are basically two types of people in the world: complainers and worshipers. And there isn't much circumstantial difference between the two. Complainers will always find something to complain about. Worshipers will always find something to praise God about. They simply have different default settings."

I love this! I want to be known, by God and others, as a worshiper, not a complainer. I want to begin praying, not that my situations and circumstances would change, but that my ATTITUDE will change when I find myself in "a pit".

No comments: