Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Random Ramblings of the Sleep Deprived

This was the first year that Darrell and I volunteered our home for Christmas. I loved it but I am wiped out! We had about 25 friends and family in the house and we enjoyed every minute. We celebrated on Christmas Eve with dinner and gifts and then we had some family stay the night. Darrell and I cooked a HUGE Christmas morning brunch. I was impressed with our skills considering that we rarely ever cook. We had more friends over on Christmas Day and then we went to the movies that night. It was lots of fun but it was exhausting! I think I'll pick another holiday the next time I offer up the house though. My retail career is definitely not conducive to planning a large event at the house. I went back to work at 7:30 this morning with my house looking less than desirable when I left. I'm home now, my house is cleaner, and my feet are about to fall off from being on them all day. Enough about that craziness.

I love that my nephew Hayden was so excited that we were celebrating Jesus' birthday. His excitement is contagious! I know the story of Christmas and what Christ's birth represents in my life but there is nothing more refreshing than the faith of a child. It's just so sincere and untainted.

I gave out a bunch of the Christmas CD's at work. I had about 10 people tell me how much they loved it. It's so amazing to have such wonderful, tangible ways to share C3with others.

I'm even more anxious about the move to the theaters now! I've never wanted time to pass so quickly. I'm trying to be patient though because my momma always said that "patience is a virtue."

See you soon!

No comments: