Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday Blog Banter

This has been the slowest Christmas season ever for me at work. I have worked in retail my whole life and have never been this bored at work during the holiday season. Well that all changed Friday and Saturday. It was as if a whirlwind of shoppers overtook Bloomingdales and specifically the YSL cosmetic counter! At one point Saturday I did in one hour the business I can do in a whole day... a busy day at that!

Saturday night my mom's community group came over after I got off of work for a Christmas party at our house. My mom has some really cool people in there. We had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed having them over. It's always a wonderful thing in my world to get to know people better. We talked about everything! I can't even recap because it literally was just about everything! I love having people over and I wish I could more often.

My mother-in-law is in North Carolina for the holidays. Darrell and I have the house to ourselves for the first time since we've lived here. We moved in April and between my sister and nephew living with us at one point and then moving her in it has been exciting in the Loper household. Quite frankly, I love them all dearly but I'm ecstatic the house is empty right now because we all need a break! I love that it is just the two of us for a couple of weeks.

I'm soooo excited to be moving to the theaters in three weeks. I can't believe it's almost here! What an amazing place for us to be to reach out to our community! I can't wait to see the main worship area and Powerhouse. I sing in Powerhouse and from what I understand the theater is going to really be crazy fun for the kids! I went to the children's ministry lunch today after service and I was so impressed with all of the volunteers who were there to serve in children's ministry. I'm so proud of what God is doing at C3! Darrell and I are pumped about all of those who have stepped up to serve in Connections as well. The curb to curb experience it so important and I'm anxious to hear and see what God is going to do through your smiling faces and warm receptions. There are so many vital areas God will use you in when you are just willing. I love the willingness of my C3 family! God will bless that more than any of us even know!

Well I'm gonna get a little shut eye before I head off on my hot date with my hot man! Have a great week and BTW check out the new C3 women's blog ... I can't wait to read some more great, encouraging blogs!

No comments: