Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Delicate Weave

A couple of blogs back I told you about my friend Miss Amy. Today was the day I brought her the peaches. Something divine happened. There was a knock on her door. Miss Amy asked me to get it... so I did. There were 2 pastors from another church in our community there. One of them I know very well. He is an older gentleman that pastors a senior adult ministry. He's known me and my family since I was 2 years old. Imagine the stories he has about me! I love this man and his family very much. He truly has a heart for the seniors in our community and works his tail off to reach just one more. He serves in a very different church environment than ours at C3 but he is flat out getting it done for Christ in his community. He told me that he met Miss Amy just recently and that she had just prayed to receive Christ. I was almost in tears! This is what ministry is all about! I knew God had put Miss Amy in my life for a reason and today it all became clear. I may not have been there when she prayed her prayer of faith but I know God has used me to plant some seeds of love. Furthermore her nurse told us that right before Bill got really sick he gave his life to Christ as well. Her nurse is a Christ-follower and led Bill to the Lord. I am so thankful for these people in Miss Amy's life. These are the moments where life really matters. God places us around certain people for a very specific purpose. We all have different stories and different backgrounds. God uses many methods to reach those around us. I'm so grateful for the methods of C3. We are tirelessly devoted. I'm also grateful for the methods of my pastor friend and Miss Amy's nurse. It was a delicate weave that God knit together to bring Miss Amy to a relationship with Him. I love Miss Amy and I know that she would NEVER feel comfortable with the worship environment at C3 as an 89 year old woman. That's okay! I'm not insulted. My immediate circle of unchurched friends would probably NEVER feel comfortable in the worship environment of traditional churches. That okay too! We all serve a purpose for those who need hope. Thank you for your prayers for Miss Amy... God really does answer. His will is to always answer in a way that brings us together not tears us apart. This is something I've always known but needed to be reminded of.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That is so awesome! I got chills reading your story even though you had already told me...SOOO exciting! Love you!

Monica Hunt said...

That is an amazing story! It sounds like Miss Amy is an awesome lady. Love ya! - Monica

Patio Talk said...

That is awesome. Thank you for sharing.