Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Dwelling Place

When I'm in a funk I try to focus on the things that make me happy. I had some funky moments this week and here are some of the things that I've been dwelling on to make me smile. No more funk for me.

-seeing people out with their C3 shirts on
-my own stupid jokes that only I laugh at
-obscenely bright nail polish and lipstick colors
-vivid color in general
-reading my bible and the words hitting me right when and where I need it
-an encouraging word
-climbing into bed right after putting clean sheets on it
-Darrell rubbing what I consider my pudgy belly and telling me he loves it... or when he tells me he loves it and lays his head on it
-fabulous shoes/handbags
-a good read
-makeup... lots and lots of makeup!
-having a great meal and discussion with friends... hence, the pudgy belly
-seeing friends I've invited in church... regularly
-spontaneous silliness
-an awesome day after a crappy one
-laughing so hard it hurts
-hearing about my nephew Hayden's day
-getting ManPed's (manicure/pedicures)
-having code words for things... such as ManPed's
-getting my hair done
-my "CU AT C3" custom license plate on my car
-Madea
-having a weekend off from work
-sleeping in
-smokey eye makeup
-a smile from a stranger
-feeling safe with someone
-HGTV... particularly "Divine Design" and "Deserving Design"
-houndstooth print
-my friend's artwork
-hanging out with my mama and sisters (I don't do this enough)
-dancing a night away
-reconnecting with an old friend
-telling people the stupid things I did when I was younger to get a reaction
-Powerhouse kids
-teasing my mother-in-law
-our Sunday night dinners with Dan and Sally
-cruises
-C3 on Sunday
-making new friends
-talking to my dad on a good day
-seeing someones life change after meeting Christ
-the way the red candles smell from Pier One
-great design
-a fresh perspective
-singing in my car
-setting goals and meeting them
-C3 in the community
-Johnny and Jayde in the morning on XL 106.7 while driving to work
-knowing when someone says they'll pray for me they really will
-Darrell's new faux hawk
-going to Chuck E. Cheese with Hayden
-young adults home team
-C3's future

No comments: