Sunday, July 22, 2007

Always in awe

I really underestimate God. I just found out that a friend of mine that I've known since I was 15 years old gave his life to the Lord the other night. He wrote to me on my My Space page to tell me. This is someone I've prayed for many times in the last 14 years. This is also someone that a lot of churches may have written off years ago. I'm glad God didn't write him off. I sometimes feel like there are certain people in life that will never get what it's like to truly know God because I think they are just to far from Him. Sometimes the ones who seem the furthest are the ones who are just a prayer away. Why do I doubt God's ability to move? I have so little faith. I see God change lives over and over again and there are times I still doubt for some. I seem to forget that God uses even the smallest seeds to produce growth beyond what I can ever comprehend (Mark 4:1-8). I am so astounded by my friends new life as a Christ follower. I'm so grateful he thought to share his news with an old friend. I really needed a reminder.

"I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
I'll stand my soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours."

1 comment:

My Own Bandwagon said...

That is awesome. I am so glad we have such a variety of churches out there now. God is Good!