Saturday, July 7, 2007

When did I grow up?

I came up to the church just so I could blog on Darrell's computer.... finally! We leave tomorrow for the youth mission trip to Texas. I'm so excited! I know I'm gonna lose a full night's sleep on the bus but... you know what... I don't care. There is a part of me that still feels like that 16 year old teenage girl that looks forward to my week away with my friends. When I was younger and I was going to camp I truly anticipated my time to just let go, meet new people, and expect a movement from God.
Camp was always the time of "revival" for me. I'm ready to be refueled and recharged as God moves in the lives of our youth. There are none more vigilant, energetic, and passionate. It is the faith of the young that can truly change the world. We are called to have faith like a child and while some may not like being called children they definitely have youth on their side. I want more than just a week of revival though. I want to grow and be moved in a way that permeates my whole life. I go in expectance. I pray that as I surround myself with those "crazy young ens" this week I continue to be challenged and energized by their willingness to go anywhere or do anything for Christ. Pray for movement!

No comments: