Sunday, July 8, 2007

Wedding Weekend


This weekend I got to spend some time with one of my best friends. Amber Hill got married on Saturday in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Amber is a friend who I've known since 7th grade. (Barry's known her since 3rd!) We were very close in high school and we were college roomates for a couple of years. She has been there for most of the major milestones in my life...high school graduation, my wedding day, the birth of my first child...and just this weekend I got to be there when she said, "I do" to Tim Davis.


I love and admire Amber for so many reasons. She could always, no matter what kind of mood I was in, make me laugh. We have so many inside jokes it's ridiculous! She is also one of the most godly women I know. I know that no matter how many miles separate us she is always praying for me and my family. Perhaps the quality that I admire most in Amber is that she has always known that her identity is in Christ alone.


She has never (even in high school) been the kind of girl who felt better about herself if she had a boyfriend or lots of friends. She knew that the only approval that mattered was Christ's and she never had to do anything to earn His approval--so she was always free to be herself. Amber never had to be someone else to try to impress others. The fact that she never lowered her standard for a mate and patiently waited 32 years to get married is proof of this! I'm so proud of you, Amber! I know you have found a wonderful man in Tim and I was so happy to finally meet him this weekend.


Amber and Tim, may God bless you with many years of happiness and many little Davis babies! I love you, girl!

2 comments:

The Adorables! said...

Please pass along my congrats to Amber! She looks beautiful -- so do you!!!

~*~ Vanessa (Beatty) Manning ~*~

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I second Vanessa's compliments...Amber, if you see this, you look gorgeous and I am so happy for you. And Amanda's right, your confidence and security in your relationship has always given you a glow and a fun, warm, loveable spirit. I'm blessed to have known you! Amanda, I'm so glad you were able to be there for the wedding. You look great!