Monday, July 16, 2007

Stop the Spinning

Our Luke is so much like his Dad. They are both adventurous, crazy and make me laugh a lot. Last week we discovered another way in which Luke is like his Dad. He loves to ride all the rides at theme parks but when we were at Disney last week he rode the Teacups for the first time. It was relatively early in the morning and Luke had already sucked down quite a bit of blue Gatorade. We rode the Teacups and then got in line for Dumbo (yes, my life is exciting). While we were waiting in line, Luke looked up at me and said, "My tummy doesn't feel very good... I think I'm going to throw up." He looked like he meant it, so we immediately took off to the nearest restroom and, sure enough, we had a second look at all that blue Gatorade he had been drinking. Travis can ride any roller coaster, but please don't put him on the Teacups. Something about that spinning. So, Luke, like his Dad, will now also be avoiding all those spinning rides.

I had a similar experience this week. I read someones blog for the first time. It was a blog I know I probably shouldn't have read. After I started reading my head started spinning from all the crazy words and then I felt the need to...you know...what Luke did. I did not find this blog "refreshing" or "addicting" but rather revolting. It's amazing how mere words can elicit a physical response that just makes you want to...you know...vomit. But, I must admit that that blog did do something good for me. It made me that much more thankful that we have a pastor at C3 (that would be Pastor Byron, since that blog I read couldn't seem to remember his name when they referred to him) who is an awesome transparent leader with true integrity and who isn't influenced by the "Pharisees" of today. It also made me think about how blessed I am to have a husband who humbly serves God and never boasts about the way God uses him. I am so glad that Luke is so much like his Dad...I hope he'll continue to become more and more like him. And as for me...I'll be staying off that blog so I don't feel the need to...you know...again.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

It is great to worship and serve God with leaders who have integrity. Btw I know a certain man that works in Power House(sorry Honey) that has the same reaction to the Tea Cups!

Anonymous said...

I need to make the same choice. I need to focus on what God is teaching me and surround myself with the people who encourage my growth. Thank you for being that person and challenging me to stay away from that which brings me down. I love that God has blessed me with your friendship!