Monday, July 2, 2007

At Home With Amanda

Let me just start this blog by saying I am not, nor will I ever claim to be, in any way, shape or form, Martha Stewart. However, over the years I have learned (stolen ideas from others) a few shortcuts for cleaning, organizing, or cooking that have made these chores more manageable. Because really, who has time to do ALL of these things? I just want people to THINK I have it all together!

So, I will in this and other blogs with the same title, divulge some of my secrets on shortcuts to these chores. I am no expert, but hopefully you will be able to use some of these time-saving tips when preparing for company.

Cleaning Tip: Purchase a bottle (or two) of Fabuloso cleaner. You should be able to find this at just about any grocery or drug store around. It is the cheapest cleaner on the shelves and smells wonderful. 5 - 10 minutes before company comes over, I pour some in each toilet in the house and in the kitchen sink. I also wipe down the handle of the front door. As soon as people walk in they are hit with the fresh scent. It smells like you've been cleaning for hours!

There you have it...my secret is out. I haven't spent the entire day cleaning- it just smells like it. Just don't look too closely at the corners of my floors - then again, my secret is out now, so go ahead, judge me...like I said, I'm no Martha Stewart!

2 comments:

Angie Bledsoe said...

Oh please, you're like a really nice M.S., minus the jail time...
By the way, do they sell that "fabuloso" stuff by the gallon? Because I would just have to pass out little jars of it to hang around each visitor's neck to make that trick work in my house (too many pets and kids). Your house is always immaculate, so you don't need to fool anyone. Martha, eat your heart out! Peace - It's a good thing...

Anonymous said...

As a latina woman Fabuloso has been a staple in my home. My grandma and my mother use it. I love it. I love that you love it! We should tell the folks at Fabuloso how great their product is. It smells SO GOOD!