Thursday, June 28, 2007

"Blue Like Jazz"

I'm home from work today because I'm sick. I hate getting sick. The only good thing about it is the opportunity to catch up on some much needed rest. I'm going to lay in bed, blow my nose a lot, sneeze, sleep, read and watch television... not necessarily in that order.
We had college home team last night and we discussed the first chapter of "Blue Like Jazz." I read the whole book a while ago and as I reread it to refresh my memory I get new gems from it. I love this book! It challenges my thoughts on God. The "religious" thoughts of Him engrained in me as a child growing up in church. Donald Miller does a great job answering the questions everyone experiences in their walk with God. This book really does make me want to put more action behind what I claim. "Blue Like Jazz" has become intensely popular in the past few years and I suggest that you all check out what the buzz is about. It will make you re-evaluate almost every area of your relationship with Christ. From doubts to worship to tithe to relating to God... Donald hits all the marks. It is also a great book to give to a non-believer. It deals with the stumbling blocks that they may be dealing with that currently separates them from an abundant life with God. No book outside of the bible has challenged me the way this one does. Needless to say, it gets a great review from me.
Pray for me to feel better. I'd really appreciate it! I can't wait to see you all on Sunday!

1 comment:

Angie Bledsoe said...

I read your other blog when I woke up this morning - it made me cry. Yesterday was a blast! I'm so sorry you're sick - maybe a big dose of wasabi would help! I'll pray that you get well soon. LUVya. Peace out.