Thursday, June 21, 2007

Confessions of a Couch Potato...

So, I just finished my work-out on the elliptical machine - and I use the term work-out very loosely and relatively speaking. When I reached the point of a near-death experience, I asked my trainer/husband how long it had been and he replied, "two and a half minutes" (he could've at least rounded it up!), Then, I noticed I had burned about 30 calories. I thought this was pretty good - so I asked how that would translate - (because I'm rationalizing that it's not about how long, but about how many calories). So Byron answers, "Well, that's about half a glass of Perrier". Which, by the way, made me have to get off the stupid thing and get a glass of Perrier! I read something about how you have to stay hydrated when you're stressed - and I'm definitely stressed!

I think I'm gonna throw-up - I wonder how many calories that would burn? - Oh great, now exercising has given me an eating disorder. I think I should stop the madness and go watch re-runs of "The Biggest Loser"! Also, I feel a virus coming on because Byron mentioned something about tomorrow including the Bowflex...I think I'm gonna go take my temperature (I just want to be safe). ...Oh the humanity! Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you mommy!

:)
Kayleigh

The Monterossos said...

I'm really proud of you! Push through the pain:)
You can do it! Thanks for your post by the way.
I love you