Thursday, June 28, 2007

Livin' Life to the Fullest

I am in the middle of reading my most recent copy of Radiant magazine. The editor references a quote by Sara Groves that really challenged me. I hope it will do the same for you!

She says, "Everything seemed overwhelming to me with young kids--introducing these very innocent babies to a very sharp, menacing, chaotic world. I was just kind of hugging the wall, feeling like, 'We'll just make it through.' I feel like when it's all over, that's not what I want to have shown my kids. I don't want my kids to watch me hug the wall -- I want my kids to see me running with my head thrown back."

Do we live in a crazy world? Yes!
Do I want to protect my children from this craziness? Yes!
Do I want my children to just "get by" in life and not experience it to the fullest? No Way!

I pray that I will never be a mom who "hugs the wall". I want to show my kids what it means to live life to the fullest...fully loving God and fully loving others!

1 comment:

My Own Bandwagon said...

Amanda,
Thanks for meeting me for coffee. I was about to bounce off the walls.

Andrea,
I hope you start feeling better. You would never know it by your blogs. I picture you writing them with your hair all fixed and your make up all done. Like I see you at work,

Angie,
You blog about Byron was moving. When I read it, I know how much you two mean to each other.

Sandi,
I am so glad you joined the blogging world. I look forward to reading more.

Love You All and I am so glad C3 is for me!