Friday, August 31, 2007

All things work together....

I had a bad day yesterday. It seemed that everything that could go wrong did. It started the night before. I drank a mountain dew which is the root of all evil. If I drink one of those I'm doomed when it's time for me to sleep. So, needless to say, the last time I remember looking at the clock it was 3:00 am. Due to my lack of sleep I started feeling really sick. I came home from work and crashed the second I hit my bed. There was a bunch of junk that happened while I was working to enhance my crappy mood. I was trying to pull myself together so I wouldn't effect anyone else with my irritations. Nothing major happened to put me in a funk but a bunch of little things were getting under my skin. Then I started thinking...

Romans 8:26-28:

26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers[a] in harmony with God’s own will. 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together[b] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

I started thinking about all the times in my life when MAJOR disappointments had happened and how God miraculously made the circumstances benefit my life and growth in it. If He can do it with the big things He can certainly turn my bad day full of little annoying circumstances around to something good. I love that verse 28 says "everything" ... even the little things will work out. God has my bad day under control.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope you had a better day today! I love you, girl!

My Own Bandwagon said...

I got Tues and Thurs Free now! We need to spend a day together!

Patio Talk said...

I am glad He has our days under control. I am also glad He can hear me when I can only groan because I don't know what to say. Thanks for being real.