Monday, August 27, 2007

C3... un.orthodox!

Okay, okay... so I'm the rap girl. I love all music but hip hop is just soooooooo cool! Darrell and I visited Crossover Church in Tampa a few weeks ago. This is the pastor. He goes by the name Urban D. and this video describes C3 Church culture as well. His vision is to be un.orthodox in reaching the community around him for Christ. I'm so grateful that Pastor Byron is seeking God first and prays for un.orthodox methods to reach the lost. I've included some of the lyrics at the end of the song that I think fits C3 perfectly!

Urban D. "Un.orthodox" Music Video

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Vs. 3 On my journey’s people ask my occupation I tell em’ I’m a pastor and an artist – there’s amazement True engagement / Sometimes I wish I could take they look and frame it They can’t picture a cat that’s braided Cuz the old school presentation got em’ jaded But so many people waited (For a ministry out the box) With no cultural locks (C3 Church) – unorthodox Dreadlocks fades and fitted’s A multi-cultural faith community that’s committed To the great commandment and the great commission We orthodox in our beliefs, but not in our fishin’ We into Biblical context and not tradition Cuz we’re more concerned about your heart’s condition (We got a passion from God) – so we’re Purpose Driven We look just like you – but we found what’s missin’

This is my shout out to my family at C3! Let's be un.orthodox!

No comments: