Monday, August 6, 2007

Happy Cooking!






Okay, so everyone who knows me knows I'm no Martha Stewart - but just to be rebellious and feel better about my domestic abilities, I took pictures of my dinner a couple of nights ago. This is mainly because it's my favorite easy dinner, and it actually turned out okay...meals like this always turn out because I make up the recipe as I go along, so no one can tell me I did it wrong! So here it is...

Ground Turkey Breast seasoned with organic tamari, vidalia onions, and sweet bell peppers - with steamed broccoli flowerets on top.
French Cous Cous with pine nuts. (not from a box)
Field Green Salad with crushed almonds and a honey balsmic dressing.

easy dessert: Sliced Strawberries and Blueberries (not sliced - that would be insane!) with unsweetened heavy cream.

The best part about the way I cook is that I only make things that take less than 30 minutes - I'm way to much of a procrastinator to do anything else. So I just throw a bunch of things that I like in a big pan and cook away until the smoke alarm goes off! As long as I keep healthy staples in the fridge and freezer, it's easier to make simple healthy meals than intricate ones that require a lot of ingredients and...well, actual cooking.

So, be encouraged and inspired - find the way that you do things and do them that way, without worrying that it's not as good as "Martha" or anyone else...only you can be you and that's what living is all about! If you have fun in the kitchen (or wherever you're working) and put in lots of love, it will always turn out perfectly because love is the best ingredient and fun is a great recipe! Happy "cooking"! Peace.

2 comments:

Darrell said...

I here those organic ingredients can cause ecoli poisoning.

Angie Bledsoe said...

It is my personal goal to eat so much organic spinach that I develop a complete immunity to all forms of Ecoli - So, bring it on! Erase the hate, D'Lo!!! Peace.