Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day Jitters

Emma's first day of Kindergarten was today and I'm not sure who was more nervous...me or her. I think me. She has been so excited about going to Kindergarten. She even had a "Countdown to Kindergarten" on the fridge this summer. She got up early this morning, (she insisted on setting her alarm clock last night so she wouldn't be late!) got dressed, ate breakfast and was ready to walk out the door by 7:30! Barry and I drove her to school, walked her to her classroom and anticipated a tearful good-bye. I took her picture, gave her a kiss, and she was ready to begin her day...no tears-YEAH!I picked her up at the end of the day and the first thing I saw was a great big smile. She loved her first day! I am so proud of her and can't believe she is already in Kindergarten! Where did the last 5 years go?

I love you, Emma! Ansley, Jackson and I will miss you during the day but we know that you are going to love Kindergarten!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's so adorable! I can't believe how time flies! She'll be the most popular kid in school. I just know it. Everyone wants to hang with Emma because she's so cool! She get's it from her mama!