Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Think I Still Hear the Ocean

Okay, so I need a little prodding to blog. Now I've just spent the last 15 minutes trying to log on because I couldn't remember my username and password...maybe that's an indication that it has been a while since the last time I've blogged. Now that I'm really in the mood for blogging after that, this will probably not be as long as originally planned.

We just got back from a wonderful vacation in the Florida Keys. We spent a great deal of time in the ocean, by the ocean, and on the ocean. (It is pretty hard to get away from the ocean when you vacation in the Keys though.) It was just the right combination of relaxation and fun. We really got "unplugged" and it was great! We vacationed with some of our good friends: the Jacobsons and the Newcombs. You can see some pictures on Travis' blog (sorry I'm not blogging savvy enough to know how to write "here" and have it link to his site so you'll have to find it yourself...fyi, there's a link somewhere in the margin of this site) but I saved a few pictures for my blog that I wouldn't let him use.


I'll only post 1 of some of the kids for now.

You must admit...they are really cute, aren't they? All of the kids had an absolute blast, and parents of children who are happy and getting along are happy too. When we asked our kids what their favorite part of vacation was they responded with "Everything!" I'm quite certain we created some memories that will last a lifetime this week...and just in case they don't remember I took a few hundred pictures to remind them. We also enjoyed some good food together (that's always a key element of a good vacation for me)...nothing like going to a seafood buffet with 14 people and then having the husbands (only one was mine:)) prepare a freshly caught lobster dinner in your hotel room the next evening. Mmmm, that was delicious....why is everyone always so surprised by how much I'm capable of eating when the food is good...I mean really good.

We had a fun vacation but I am looking forward to being back at C3 tomorrow morning...or is that today already? It is going to be a great morning with Riverdale & I'm sure an awesome message delivered from God through Pastor Byron.
See you at C3.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Welcome back! So glad you guys had a great time relaxing in the Keys!