Thursday, August 23, 2007

At Home With Amanda

One of my favorite things to do is shop and I love to get a good deal, whether it's on groceries, an outfit for one of my kids, or a new pair of shoes for myself. My sister, Larissa, and I have competitions to see who can get the best deal...she usually wins. (One time she bought a brand new pair of pants for 99 cents...and they were cute!) I have lots of stories about her and her bargain-shopping experiences that would make you laugh including one about expired beef jerky at Eckerd's. (Sorry, Larissa...hope I didn't embarrass you! I love you and all your bargain shopping stories.)

So, between Larissa and my good friend, Heather, I have learned how to be a better bargain shopper. Thought I'd share a couple of websites that are my favorites.

1. mycoupons.com This site has several message boards that give great advise on which stores are having good sales. My favorite is on the LWIF board (look what I found). People share about bargains they have found around town at stores like Target, KMart, and CVS. They let you know when Target does their 75% off markdowns!

2. afullcup.com This site has a target coupon generator where you can print as many coupons as you need on a particular item. (A few weeks ago they had a great deal on baby food...I stocked up! I spent a total of about $2.00 and got enough food to feed Jackson for a month!) You can also find weekly ads for just about any grocery store in the area.

These are just a couple of sites to help you save a few bucks. Try it out...you just might get addicted! Happy shopping!

No comments: